Thai for Communication
Graduates in Thai have knowledge and ability in the use of Thai language and can follow media, business or academic careers including journalist, radio and television presenter, newsreader, marketing, secretary, teacher or university lecturer.
Ordinary degree programs consist two semesters per year which last for not less than 15 weeks. Following the 2nd semester, there may also be a summer semester of not less than 8 weeks, in which the study hours are increased to be equivalent to a regular semester. The summer semester is not compulsory for students in the ordinary degree program.
1. Completed high school, a vocational certificate or equivalent qualification.
2. Completed a vocational or technical diploma or equivalent qualification in a related field. Comparisons will be made according to the regulations of Bangkok Univerity on a case-by-case basis.
3. Passed the selection processes of Bangkok University and the Office of the Higher Education Commission.
4. Students transferring from other institutions according to the regulations of the Office of the Higher Education Commission and Bangkok University.
1. By selection examinations and special selection projects of Bangkok University.
2. By selection examinations of the Office of the Higher Education Commission.
Total curriculum credits 132 credits
A. General Education 30 credits
Requirements (15 credits)
Electives (6 credits)
B.Professional Education 96 credits
Core Courses (36 credits)
Major Requirements (30 credits)
Major Electives (15 credits)
1. Students must select one group of major elective subjects from the groups below.
2. Cooperative education students must take CO 301 Pre-Cooperative Education and TH 400 Cooperative Education for 9 credits and select a further 6 credits from the major elective subjects.
Thai Language Skills
Minor (15 credits)
Students may choose to take
C. Free Electives(6 credits)
Students must select at least 6 credits from subjects taught within the university or from the following subjects: